This is a delicious recipe which I used for my weekly lunch meal prep. It adds up to 4 servings if you prefer to make it for a family meal and is easy-peasy to put together.
What makes it different from other Turkey Taco Bowl recipe’s you may ask? Well, it’s healthy 🤣
I subbed the rice with quinoa and mushrooms and completely tossed out the cheese and corn. You will see a picture with the nutrition facts ,per serving ,for those who are on a special diet. I personally have hypothyroidism and am doing a intermittent diet at the same time, so I try to watch what I eat as it is essential for my thyroid function.
Some extras you can add ,if you prefer, are a side of corn and grated white cheddar,but trust me, the meal as it is will make you feel stuffed for hours after you are done.
Prep time 30 minutes
– 1 (14.5 Oz) Canned Organic diced tomatoes 🍅
– 1 (15.25 Oz) Canned Organic kidney beans
– 3 Organic Red & Yellow Peppers 🌶
– 1 (4 Oz) Canned Organic sliced mushrooms 🍄
– 1/2 Cup Organic quinoa
– 16 Oz Ground Turkey 🦃
– 1/4 (3.5 Oz) yellow onion 🌰
– 2 Tbs Olive Oil Organic
– Sea salt 2 tsp
– Cayenne Pepper 2 tsp
– 1 cup water 💦
1. Put water, 1 tsp salt,quinoa and mushrooms in a pot and bring to a rolling boil. Lower heat, cover and cook for 15 min
2. Cut and slice the onion and peppers. In a pan add the 1 tbs of olive oil turn on medium heat and sear. Then set aside.
2. In same pan add the other 1 tsp of olive oil, turkey and pepper stir and mix until brown.
4. In Pot poor the beans and heat up,or if you are doing the meal prep, just rinse from can and add directly to you laid out bowls.
Please feel free to message me with any questions.Enjoy 😊